The Primary Plus2 kit is designed to teach the principles of electronics and is for use in the home or the classroom. It builds upon the skills developed using the primary kit but it could be used in its own right as a stepping-stone to Key Stage 3 and 4 electronics.
How do the parts fit together? All the parts are designed for quick and easy assembly, all components being connected together with press-studs on a baseboard. Very little skill is required to assemble the components so making the kit suitable for all abilities.
What instructions are provided? A manual showing all the circuits that can be built with the kit is provided.
- Learn about and use different types of switches
- Experiment with an electric motor
- Find out how to use light-emitting diodes
- Learn about series and parallel circuits
- Find out about AND and OR gates
- Build a flying fan
- Produce electronic police and ambulance sirens
- Build a medium wave radio
Suitable for ages 8 to 12